CC Auto Movers – Vehicle Shipping Checklist
Transporting a car can be a new experience for some. A vehicle shipping checklist, can help you make sure everything is done prior to the auto shippers arrival. Follow these steps below to better prepare for your vehicle to be shipped.
- Make certain that you have a complete set of keys for the auto shipping company, along with a full set for yourself
- If you are transporting a classic, custom, rare, exotic, or otherwise expensive vehicle, go for the enclosed transport if you can – it will be worth the extra cost!
- Wash your vehicle before pick up so a proper inspection can be done and noted on the condition report.
- Make sure your battery is fully charged and securely mounted.
- Look into the apparent places for fluid leaks: oil, transmission fluid, etc.
- Disable or disconnect your vehicle alarm.
- Ready your vehicle for its new climate you may consider changing the oil, coolant, and perhaps other liquids.
- Remove and/or retract you car antennas.
- Remove rear spoilers, grill covers, exterior spare tire and all car covers.
- Remove all personal products out of your automobile.
- Drive your vehicle’s gas tank lower to no more than 1/4 tank for car shipping.
- Remove any audio equipment and garage door openers that are not built-in.
The checklist above will help you have a successful vehicle shipping experience. The checklist above will decrease the stress of moving and help you get everything done promptly. If you have further questions or would like to get a vehicle shipping quote, please feel free to contact us online or call us at 321.406.1570.